A good question to ask your team – why are people leaving your app?

health-apps

July 27, 2017 | Posted in Apps, Customer Experience, Customer Feedback, Mobile | By

Yesterday I posted about how thinking and focus is shifting from App Acquisition to more App Retention. A good strategy will include both and have tactics that support both. A good question to ask your team – why are people

App Acquisition or App Retention?

mobile-rentention-300x172

July 26, 2017 | Posted in Apps, Customer Journeys, Mobile | By

App Acquisition or App Retention? Do a google search on App Acquisition or App Retention and you will see how some of the thinking has shifted from acquisition to retention – thus the importance of a good retention strategy. Think

Consumers today are spending more that 5 hours a day on their mobile devices.

32371676804_f6d594db40_o

July 25, 2017 | Posted in Apps, Customer Experience, Mobile | By

Consumers today are spending more that 5 hours a day on their mobile devices. Of that time 92% is within apps and the other 8% is within the mobile browser. I have included a chart from Flurry that breaks down

Your brand and how you know your customers

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5idXNpbmVzc25ld3NkYWlseS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAwNy8xMjkvb3JpZ2luYWwvaGFwcHktY3VzdG9tZXJzLmpw

July 21, 2017 | Posted in Communications, Customer Experience, Customer Feedback | By

One thing I read and hear many times when reading about other categories, businesses and brands etc., is what they think is best for their customers. The important thing being what THEY think… That begs the question of how well

Disruption and innovation – the customer and your staff

image1

July 20, 2017 | Posted in Disruption, Innovation, Leadership | By

With disruption and innovation, it is the customer who will benefit, but how well does your staff adjust and adapt their ability to support that same disruption and innovation? The teams need to be supported with the right tools that

Disruption & innovation and how Airbnb is both

belo-1200x630-a0d52af6aba9463c82017da13912f19f

July 19, 2017 | Posted in Disruption, Innovation | By

Last week I touched on “Disruption & Innovation” but got sidetracked by all the news Amazon was making around…disruption & innovation. Both disruption and innovation happen when something new is created or branded. Another great example of disruption within a

Amazon, Amazon and more Amazon.

170717105326-amazon-blue-apron-stocks-780x439

July 18, 2017 | Posted in Innovation, Leadership, Random Thoughts | By

Amazon, Amazon and more Amazon. Just when you think Amazon couldn’t be in the news again, the disruptive innovator is at it again. This time, with a trademark application for a food-kit service that would rival Blue Apron and other

Amazon, live streaming and video services

amazon_logo_RGB

July 17, 2017 | Posted in Innovation | By

Over the last couple months, Amazon has been launching live steaming TV channels in the UK and Germany in what will be direct competition with Netflix. Later this month, Amazon Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited members in Germany, will be

Papa John’s, Facebook and the Start Order button…

images

July 14, 2017 | Posted in Social Media | By

Papa John’s has become the first national pizza brand to offer instant ordering via Facebook’s new “Start Order” button. Read more in first comment. Read more – http://www.pymnts.com/restaurant-technology/2017/papa-johns-is-first-national-pizza-restaurant-with-facebook-start-order-button/

Disruption & Innovation

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 1.29.57 PM

July 13, 2017 | Posted in Leadership, Quick Bits, Random Thoughts | By

How do you think about Disruption & Innovation? Both happen when something new is created or branded. I see innovation as pretty much doing the same processes/things but doing them much better – think more incremental. Disruption is creating new