Cloud Services is Now Google Cloud; Measuring eMail Performance with Heat Maps; Can I Hail You an Uber? Increased Loyalty and IoT; Internet Advertising, Now What?

1

September 30, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

Cloud Services is Now Google Cloud. Google has combined its cloud services under Google Cloud. This also includes Google Apps, machine learning tools, APIs and Android devices ad Chromebooks. Google has also created their G Suite that includes Gmail, Google

eMail Birthday Club

birthdayclub

September 30, 2016 | Posted in Email Marketing | By

With an eMail Birthday Club program, you expect to receive? – A Special Offer – Something Free – A Special Birthday Message w/o offer

BlackBerry No Longer Making Hardware; Abandoned Shopping Carts and eMail; Growing Your YouTube Channel; Navigating the Complexities of Cross-Platform Attribution

1

September 29, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

BlackBerry No Longer Making Hardware. At one point, not so long ago, I had a Blackberry but quickly replaced it when the iPhone became relevant for myself. As of yesterday, Blackberry announced it would no longer manufacture its own devices

BlackBerry No Longer Making Hardware; Abandoned Shopping Carts and eMail; Growing Your YouTube Channel; Navigating the Complexities of Cross-Platform Attribution

1

September 29, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

BlackBerry No Longer Making Hardware. At one point, not so long ago, I had a Blackberry but quickly replaced it when the iPhone became relevant for myself. As of yesterday, Blackberry announced it would no longer manufacture its own devices

What makes a great subject line?

email_subject

September 29, 2016 | Posted in Email Marketing | By

Another aspect of your email is your subject line. This is something that you should be testing frequency and testing different subject lines with your different segment. Each segment is going to react to each subject line differently. For you,

Mobile Apps and Smartphones; Reaching Generation Z; High Growth with Virtual-Reality (VR) Smartphones; Google Providing Wi-Fi Hotspots in Developing Markets

Touchscreen smartphone with cloud of colorful application icons isolated on white background

September 28, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

Mobile Apps and Smartphones. According to research by eMarketing, smartphone users will spend 85.7% of their nonvoice time with apps with the other 14.3% spent on mobile web… Reaching Generation Z. With two Generation Z’s living in my house, I

Responsive eMails

tumblr_inline_mqfz98e5vs1qz4rgp

September 28, 2016 | Posted in Email Marketing | By

Yesterday was mobile optimized eMails, today is responsive eMails. The easiest way to define responsive email design is that the email is optimized for viewing on many different types of devices, screens and resolutions. The experience is the same without

Snapchat, 10-second video and Spectacles; Email Blacklisting and the Marketer; Email is Still the Top Dog with Mobile; Engaging with Ads on Smartphones

1

September 27, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

Snapchat, 10-second video and Spectacles. Later this fall Snapchat will roll-out Spectacles, their video-recording sunglasses for $130…. Email Blacklisting and the Marketer. This is a topic I worry about EVERY day. A study by Return Path shows that some blacklisting

Mobile Optimized eMails

email-optimization-mobile

September 27, 2016 | Posted in Email Marketing | By

With mobile optimized eMails, you are basically simplifying the eMail so that your content is displayed how your subscriber wants it. Some quick tips for taking your existing email and optimizing for mobile: Use enlarged fonts, use a single column

Will It Be Google or SalesForce for Twitter?; Apple is at it Again – Acquires Tuplejump; Facebook with Egg on its Face; eMarketer Webinar: Location Matters

1

September 26, 2016 | Posted in Quick Bits | By

Will It Be Google or SalesForce for Twitter? Twitter continues to struggle even while bringing back Co-founder Jack Dorsey, last year. There are several companies, including SalesForce and Google that are in talks… Apple is at it Again – Acquires